
I've been away from the internet for so long. Sorry about the big gap in my blogging. I'm writing this from Mechanicsburg, PA (near Harrisburg) where some old friends of my parents live. Their oldest, Katie, is my Dad's goddaughter. But more about that later.

The day after I left off, we went to Scranton, PA where we have family on my mom's side. (Her mom's sister's husband, his daughter, and her family) We had lunch there, then they led us up to Island lake, in north-eastern PA, where the family has a cottage. My Nana used to spend her whole summers there.

We spent four days at the lake. Swimming, fishing, canoeing, berry-picking, hiking, and generally having a great time. I caught three little fish. I had to throw them back, but I had never done that well before.
The closest grocery store was in Hancock, NY, which is also where we went for Mass on the feast of the Asumption. The church there is small, but nice, with a great young priest, who actually said Mass facing the cross.
I'll post all the photos of the lake on my Flickr page soon.
1 comment:
Boy am I jealous! Looks like fun! Mike
Post a Comment