It's November 30. You know what that means, don't you? It means that NaNoWriMo 2009 is over and I've got me a brand new novel.
I stayed more or less on track this year, and never let myself get more than a day or so behind. I had a little trouble there in the latter half of the month, and about 30,000 to 45,000 was forced out slowly word by word. But I made it!
I stayed up late last night getting ahead, and I finished the plot around 2:30 am and 49,600.
Then I had to write another 400-word scene somewhere to tip it over the line. I decided on a dream sequence to flesh out my narrator. I decided way at the end that his dad had died when he was young, so I made it a recurring nightmare about that. I find that listening to music helps me get int eh zone, and I probably could have done just fine with Lorie but I decided to really get into the mood and listen to something nightmarish. It turns out, Revolution 9 is too nightmarish even for a nightmare scene, and by the end of the chapter, I had gotten myself so freaked out that it took me a good fifteen minutes of listening to classical music to calm down.
It kind of made the the win a tiny bit less sweet, but it was still good to be done!
Plus, having a copy of the whole glorious thing helps too. As soon as I had a free moment today, I headed down to the computer lab where I printed the novel on 55 duplex pages. Unfortunately, I also accidentally printed it again on 110 one-sided pages, Using up a big chunk of my printing credits. It's a good thing there's still free printing in the language lab and that I don't have any many more assignments in English left this semester.
So, now that my novel is over, I've got an extra 1667 words a day in me. I've got a few blog posts lined up, including an excerpt from my novel tonight. It's my favorite scene, an epic sword fight with straws and movie quotes! Then a few other things between school work this week.
God bless all,
God bless all,
-ganchi







No comments:
Post a Comment