28 December 2007

Might as well just get a national language already

I was asked to dust the wood divider at work today and given this can of Pledge:
"Anaranjado" is the color, not the fruit. Apparently, the company that makes Pledge hires no one who ever either took a single semester of Spanish or learned how to do a proper web translation. What a shame that so many Americans are monolingual and lazy...

But it makes for an amusing cleaning experience, «Sí, este color es anaranjado. Muy bien. ¿Y eres licenciado en negocios? Que bueno.»

EDIT: I was informed that the photo wasn't working. Hopefully it is now, and I apologize for the mishap.

1 comment:

The Sojourner said...

Hahaha. Yes, I love reading the Spanish translations on things. Whoever does these is so amusingly literal. Once I bought something and the box was touting the item's "fresco" new features. I would be curious to know if any actual Spanish-speaking person would ever use "fresco" that way.

You are visitor number...

since 12 Sept. 2007