I am visiting the Franciscan campus in Gaming. (somewhere in the middle of nowhere in Southwestern Austria) Though, technically, I'm visiting my friends here. I haven't seen these people in about 9 months now, and it's been a long time!
So, I'm staying in Tessa, Mary, and Erica's room for the week I'm here. (I arrived Wednesday afternoon and will leave Wednesday morning.) It's so great to see them! It's just like old times, uh, last year, when we'd goof around in Clare.
The campus is cute. It's this old monastary thing from way back or whatever. What I like is that, though there's about two feet of fresh snow on the ground, it's not that cold, so you can go outside in a hoodie if you're only walking to the chapel or the Mensa. (That's what they call their cafeteria. You have to pass an IQ test to get in.)
It's basically just awesome to be around "franciscanism" again. I've missed school a decent amount this past semester, and it's starting to come back again. A little bit.
And the girls may come out to visit me in Paris some time this semester. That would be totally cool.
Yep. That's about it. I'm not doing much this week, which is not such a bad thing. We went and walked around the town today. It's really tiny and pretty cute. But there's not much to see besides the friends who were the reason I came here in the first place. I'm getting a lot of my cross stitch project done. I might finish it soon if I keep up this pace.
-Ganchi
31 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
You are visitor number...
since 12 Sept. 2007







4 comments:
I give up...what does Ganchi mean and what language is it?
I explained it at the end of this post way back in November. It's a nickname given to me by a Spanish WriMo buddy.
Enjoy time with friends! Where in Germany do you plan to go, and any idea when? I think we'll hear from John this week (his birthday, his Dad's birthday)so I'd like to give him some info. and maybe contact info. should that be a possibility. We haven't heard from him for two weeks, though, so he may not even be there any more for all we know. Okay, well stay safe, have fun, we miss you!
Munich (6/2), Cologne(7/2), and Trier(9/2).
Email is still the best way to contact me.
Post a Comment