"Mind the gap"
"To Let"
"Give Way"
"meant to"
driving on the left side of the roadIreland has UK power outlets!
I've started thinking with random accents.
The Downers had never heard of high-fives.
Walkers Salt & Vinegar potato crisps come in a green packet."loo"
Did you know that pub is short for public house?
"TYRES" (what da?)
Most of what I knew about London before showing up came from H2G2. *Sigh*
Blackcurrant Skittles.
I know, those were just disjointed phrases. Whatever.
I am in Dublin, now. It's quite cool just to realize, excuse me, realise it. I'm sort of lying low tonight and enjoying the return of steady internet. No! Don't yell at me! By the end of tonight, I should have my whole week in Ireland pretty well planned out and a better grip on the world as a whole. This includes a lot of new podcast episodes. Plus, be glad that I'm taking some time out to blog for you! Speaking of... Shout out to Michaela, Grandma, and the Cunninghams for their recent comments. There was a three week gap there. I feel unloved, and unloved bloggers don't blog. *nods sagely*







3 comments:
I did know that pub was short for public house, but it was only recently that I learned (thanks to Ballykissangel) that a publican was the proprietor of a pub.
I assume you also had to get used to fries being called "chips" and chips being called "crisps".
Enjoy your week in Ireland and have a pint of Guinness for me.
I didn't have anything to respond to. Now I do.
"I've started thinking with random accents."
I've done that for a long time.
"Did you know that pub is short for public house?"
With my background I'm amazed nobody told me. Or maybe it's one of those things I heard once, thought, "That's intetesting," and then forgot.
"'TYRES'"
"realise"
The latter is one of those things I've started doing due to the fact that most great classic literature in English is from England. The former is another thing to add to my ever-growing list of British spellings that I love to drive people nuts with even though I'm no fonder of England than of America, just because I _am_ fond of the likes of old books (and old stuff in general).
Oops, speaking of spelling, that's "interesting", not "intetesting".
Post a Comment