According to the San Diego calendar they sent us in the mail and that I took to school with me,
Espola Rd. is named after Escondido, Poway, and Lakeside. How pathetic is that?
So many people who care about me, and so many with whom to keep in touch!
Subscribe to my blog to keep tabs on what I've been doing with myself since college.
3 comments:
I came across that bit of trivia a couple of years ago. It wouldn't be quite so lame if the road actually went anywhere other than Poway.
OK - maybe it's not as pathetic as it first sounds. Apparently Espola Road was originally the main road that connected Escondido to Lakeside (via Poway). So pathetic? No. Cheesy? Yes.
Did you know Pomerado Road is named for Poway, Mira Mesa, and Rancho Bernardo?
I guess that sort of naming was popular at the time.
Oh well.
Mrs. O'B-J
Post a Comment